Re: [libvirt] Fedora MinGW - need for *.def files

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 02:20:23PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 11/16/2009 12:34 PM, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> This method sounds appealing to me - we could likely auto-generate
>> this file from the master src/libvirt_public.syms file we already
>> have for Linux/Solaris
>
> So this:
>
> `-export-symbols SYMFILE'
>      Tells the linker to export only the symbols listed in SYMFILE.
>      The symbol file should end in `.sym' and must contain the name of
>      one symbol per line.  This option has no effect on some platforms.
>      By default all symbols are exported.
>
> does not work for MinGW?

As I understand it [and note: I have *not* tried it] the documentation
there is wrong for MinGW.  You should pass a *.def file as the
parameter when the compiler target [ie. "host"] is Windows.

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html