[libvirt] attach-disk to freebsd based guest

I can easily attach a disk using the following command in virsh to a
linux guest: attach-disk mydomain /dev/vg0/somethnig vdb

Hwoever when I try the same to a freebsd based guest it doesnt show up
under /dev. I hvae tried to substitude vdb with vda1 and all sorts of
other things to no avail.

How can I attache a disk to my freebsd guest?

best regards,
Seb