Re: [libvirt] Howto store schedinfo in the domain definition

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 04:23:09PM +0100, Ralf Nyren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there support for storing the values accessible with eg
>   virsh schedinfo <domain> --set param=value
> in the domain definition xml file?
>
> Tried to find the syntax definition for this but didn't find anything.

  No, this was raised in the past and declined, basically this is
tuning information which is usually not directly related to the domain but
to the whole runtime environment on the host. Such tuning makes little
sense for example as soon as you migrate the domain to another host.
So far we considered it was more seomthing to keep at the management
layer if there is one, and if there is none, then keep things as part
of the manual operations or scripts handling the domains.

  Another point is that sheduling onformations are really very specific
to each hypervisor, it's nearly impossible to try to define those in
generic terms, that doesn't help :-)