Re: [libvirt] Using libvirt to obtain mac address of virtual domain

Le lundi 19 octobre 2009 à 17:27 -0500, Carlen, Devin C. (ARC-A)[PEROT
SYSTEMS] a écrit :
> Greetings, I am new to libvirt and am looking for the most efficient
> way to programmatically obtain the mac address from a virtual domain.
> Libvirt is providing access to xen and kvm in my case.  A nudge in the
> right direction would be appreciated!

Hi.

If you need to get the mac address from bash, you can use this:

virsh dumpxml myguest | grep 'mac address' | cut -d\' -f2

You'll get one mac address per line (one line per NIC on the guest)

Regards, Daniel

> Best Regards,
>
> Devin Carlen
>
> --