[libvirt] virsh edit not saving interface target specification

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Sun Oct 25 18:13:01 UTC 2009

Nikolai:

> As i said in the kvm list, did you do virsh define
> /path/to/xml before launching the vm again ?

According to what I am seeing on the Internet,
virsh edit is equivalent to dumping the xml,
editing it, and calling define to update
it so it should be the same thing.

However, just to test it, I did the following:
1. Stopped the virtual machine
2. Added the target directive to the
   /etc/libvirt/qemu/jamm12a.xml file
3. Ran virsh define /etc/libvirt/qemu/jamm12a.xml

If I look at the jamm12a.xml file after the define
command, the target directive is no longer there.
For some reason, libvirt is removing it.

If I start the virtual machine, it attaches
to vnet0 instead of vnet1.

Thanks,
	Neil

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.