[libvirt] Dead code vs. XXX comment: remove or not?

clang reported that this assignment to type is a dead store,
since type is never used after this point.

This is xm_internal.c, line 1074:

            /* XXX Forcing to pretend its a bridge */
            if (type == -1) {
                type = 1;
            }

Normally I'd just remove the whole if block, but the XXX comment
makes me think someone has plans for this code.

I'll wait for a second opinion.