gPXE (was Re: [libvirt] [RFC,PATCH] network: add 'netboot' option to dhcp config)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Sep 11 08:44:56 UTC 2009

> I very much like this idea - e.g. I'd really like to have this to give
> people simple instructions for testing gPXE in next week's Fedora Test
> Day.

On the subject of gPXE has anybody else found that it doesn't seem to be
working at all?

I'm using the virt-preview packages on F11 and ever since qemu switched
to use gPXE network booting has been completely broken. I get the gPXE
banner message appear and then nothing happens. Monitoring the network
shows no signs of any DHCP requests being sent at all.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/