[libvirt] Passing -no-kvm-irqchip to KVM/QEMU guests

Garry Dolley gdolley at arpnetworks.com
Sun Sep 13 13:58:36 UTC 2009

Dear libvirt,

Is there a way to tell a KVM/QEMU guest managed by libvirt to start
with the "-no-kvm-irqchip" argument?

I have some FreeBSD 7 guests with timing issues, and if I try to
start the VMs manually with -no-kvm-irqchip, the timing issues go
away (the only known workaround right now).

However, if the guest is managed by libvirt, I have found no way to
pass this command line option.

I'm running libvirt 0.6.4 on Ubuntu 9.04

Thoughts?

--
Garry Dolley
ARP Networks, Inc. | http://www.arpnetworks.com | (818) 206-0181