[libvirt] question about libvirt-tck/libivrt-perl

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 15:02:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 04:56:19PM +0200, Gerhard Stenzel wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 15:21 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > It is a subtle issue crossing several layers. libvirt internally
> > caches
> > virDomainPtr instances based on name. You created a object in the perl
> > layer '$dom' with the name, and then you create a new instance with
> > the
> > same name, but assign to a diferent perl object '$newdom'. This means
> > that the old virDomainPtr associated with $dom still exists. If you
> > explicitly set '$dom = undef' before creating the second domain you
> > should release the old handle & make it all work as expected
>
> thanks for the explanation .. my script now works as expected.
>
> BTW, additional test cases for libvirt-TCK should be send as patches to
> this list, correct?

Yes, use this list for patches against any of the repositories hosted
on libvirt.org, with exception of CIM provider code which has a separate
dedicated list.

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|