Re: [libvirt] iface-list command in virsh

On 04/19/2010 04:06 PM, Dev.Atom wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to list physical interface of a remote tcp host via the C API and it fails. I have tried to use virsh iface-list in remote TCP connection and it fails also. I have trying on the libvirt host with my normal account and it fails also, but when I connect under root account on the libvirt host, iface-list works. Any clue ?

When you run virsh locally as non-root, it connects to qemu://session, which doesn't have root privileges, and the iface-* commands won't work (because netcf requires root to run). If you run virsh as root, you will be connected to qemu://system, which has root, and iface-* will work.

The failure to work when connecting to a remote libvirtd is puzzling, though.