[libvirt] PATCH 1/4: AppArmor updates

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Mon Aug 16 20:59:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 20:11 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> How can the domain start if the configured disk file doesn't exist on
> the host filesystem ? QEMU will try to open a non-existant file, fail,
> and abort. Failing on non-existant files when setting up the security
> profile doesn't change that, it just makes us report the problem to the
> user soon in the startup process.

I got mixed up thinking of the case when the disk does exist but the
format was not originally specified (and therefore now defaults to raw)
but the disk is non-raw. In that case, the domain starts and POSTs, but
there is no disk to boot off of.

I tested this quite a bit more and you are correct that virt-aa-helper
does not have to be adjusted. I've attached an updated patch which only
adds the new test cases for the -p option.

Thanks again for your review.

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com