[libvirt] Add spice support

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Aug 20 09:29:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 03:40:00PM +0800, Songwen Liao wrote:
> Hi,everyone,
>
> I used the patch file to modify the libvirt,but it seems not to work right.
>
> It looks like that libvirt accpet the graphices type of spice,but it's can
> use "virsh start xp" to start the machine,with the error is:
> internal error unable to start guest:Supported machines are:
> pc                    Standard PC(default)
> isapc                ISA-only PC
> So,anyone have ideas about that?
> thanks,
>

> PATCH file:
>  This adds an element
>
> <graphics type='spice' port='5903' tlsPort='5904' listen='127.0.0.1'/>
>
> This is the bare minimum that should be exposed in the guest
> config for SPICE. Other parameters are better handled as per
> host level configuration tunables

NACK, we have patches ready for spice, but we are not including
them until SPICE is accepted into QEMU, so that we can confirm
the command line syntax isn't going to change (yet again).

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|