Re: [libvirt] inability to open local read-only connection

On 08/20/2010 06:42 AM, Tavares, John wrote:

> 2) Is it possible via libvirt to get that some additional information about the guests, such as:
> 	a) uptime
> 	b) hostname
> 	c) real operating system

hostname and OS of local disk images can be determined using libguestfs
(in particular, I think virt-inspector command line tool from the
libguestfs suite answers both of those questions).  I'm not sure if
uptime can also be retrieved with libguestfs, but if not, it is a
reasonable feature request.