[libvirt] inability to open local read-only connection

Tavares, John John_Tavares at bmc.com
Fri Aug 20 14:03:49 UTC 2010

I initially used libvirt directly, but when I started running into the lack of a 32-bit library on 64-bit issue and the inconsistent effective root user behavior issue, I needed to abandon the use of it and turned to virsh as it had no such issues and pay the performance penalty for stability.  Maybe for our next release I will go back to it, but it is a little late in the game now for me to go back now.

It also looks like the default version that comes with each revision of RHEL is a bit dated.