Re: [libvirt] using sync_manager with libvirt

On 08/19/2010 01:23 PM, David Teigland wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:12:25AM -0400, David Teigland wrote:
>> I'm only aware of one goal, and the current plan is to implement it
>> correctly and completely.  That goal is to lock vm images so if the vm
>> happens to run on two hosts, only one instance can access the image.

Ok.  So for the first implementation of sync_manager it will still be
possible for someone to corrupt data by configuring two separate vms to
accidentally use the same storage volumes.  That's fine for the first
pass, just something to keep in mind for later.

> (That's slightly misleading; technically, the lock prevents a second qemu
> process from even being started.)

ack

Perry