Re: [libvirt] "shadows a global declaration" warnings in virsh

> >>   virsh.c: In function 'cmdRunConsole':
> >>   virsh.c:735: warning: declaration of 'devname' shadows a global declaration [-Wshadow]
> >>   /usr/include/stdlib.h:290: warning: shadowed declaration is here [-Wshadow]
> >>   virsh.c: In function 'cmdConsole':
> >>   virsh.c:765: warning: declaration of 'devname' shadows a global declaration [-Wshadow]
> >>   /usr/include/stdlib.h:290: warning: shadowed declaration is here [-Wshadow]
> >>   virsh.c: In function 'vshReadlineInit':
> >>   virsh.c:11575: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> >>
> >> Haven't looked into it yet as they're only warnings.  Anyone know if they're important enough
> >> to look into?

Well, all warnings are important since we should be able to build with
--enable-compile-warnings=error

> Sorry, should have mentioned that they're only showing up in OSX, but not in Fedora 13. :)

Yeah, I was thinking it was the case. Apparently, OSX has devname declared in
/usr/include/stdlib.h:290. I wonder if it's only OSX or other BSD systems are
affected as well.

Jirka