[libvirt] building fails with 0.8.6 and snapshot

hi.

i am trying to build 0.8.6 but this fails due to the lack of macvtap
enabled in my kernel. i won't use it, so i don't care, but even if i
disable it, build won't work. apparently, thats a known bug, according
to https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-December/msg00034.html

so now i am trying to build a snapshot

but it also fails during "make rpm", specifically during make check in
"tests". commandtest.c fails and I cannot find out why. here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/rVPNDpS6

maybe someone can help me out? environment is opensuse 11.3 64 bit

regards
dominik