Re: [libvirt] Back and suggested release schedule

On 22/12/2010, at 10:30 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> Also on the release name, should we go 0.9.0 considering the refactorings
> (i.e. indicating future patches will be harder to apply to earlier branches)
> or stick to 0.8.7 (considering that there isn't major feature improvement
> ... unless I missed them !),

My initial thinking is 0.8.7, but I don't feel strongly about it. :)

With the "freeze", what's a good process to put in place while frozen to
make sure only bugs and doc improvements go in?

There has been tentative discussion on list about possibly doing some kind
of branching and/or "candidate" tarball, but we didn't get reach a solid
conclusion.

?