[libvirt] fix build failure with --disable-shared

Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 20:19:17 UTC 2010

Il giorno gio, 07/01/2010 alle 21.14 +0100, Jim Meyering ha scritto:

> The change below reverts 8838ee39ab1c2bb7fffe93bfda220692664e8be6,
> so Diego, if your goal (with the reverted change) was more than to
> avoid seemingly-unnecessary work, please tell us what it was.

Well, to put it simply: you *cannot* both have the Python extension
*and* disable shared libraries.

--disable-shared tells libtool not to build any kind of shared object
for the project; Python extensions are shared objects _only_.

While you could avoid building libvirt.so (and just have libvirt.a) you
cannot get Python extensions by just building libvirtmod.a.

So basically --disable-shared --with-python would just produce an
unusable output without my change, and produce a proper error condition
with.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/