Re: [libvirt] Two issues regarding TFTP support in virtual networks...

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:17:01AM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> >>You are not giving BOOTP info (you are missing the<bootp>  tag,
> >>which goes inside<dhcp>).
> >
> >Okay, here's the XML that's now being generated by my test script:
> >
> ><network>
> ><name>testbr6253</name>
> ><forward mode='nat' />
> ><bridge name='testbr6253' stp='on' forwardDelay='0' />
> ><ip address='' netmask=''>
> ><tftp root='/tmp/tmp.dEf7FPCaKm/tftpboot' />
> ><bootp file='pxelinux.0' />
> ><dhcp>
> ><range start='' end='' />
> ></dhcp>
> ></ip>
> ></network>
> >
> >However, I still get the message "No filename or root path specified"
> >within the VM and it does not boot from the above directory.
> services that run, such as TFTP or DHCP; <bootp> is just additional
> data that is passed via DHCP).

Ah, okay. That wasn't clear to me in the wiki page on the network XML.
I'll give that a shot then.

Okay, still the same error. Here's the new XML being generated:

<forward mode='nat' />
<bridge name='testbr31018' stp='on' forwardDelay='0' />
<ip address='' netmask=''>
<tftp root='/tmp/tmp.6LUTF06Gkm/tftpboot' />
<bootp file='pxelinux.0' />
<range start='' end='' />

Are there any relative pathing values that should be used by the tftp
and bootp tags? Should the tftp->root attribute point to the work
directory and then bootp->file refer to tftpboot/pxelinux.0?

Delivering value year after year.