[libvirt] Schedule for libvirt-0.7.6

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 13:15:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 09:35:53PM +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   So the plan is still to start the feature freeze end of next friday
> the 22 Jan and try to push 0.7.6 on the 29th.

Due to unforseen problems with QEMU + network device hotplug we need to
delay this release by a few days. I'm suggesting Wednesday 3rd as the
new date.

Specifically, we switched over to use -netdev for networking devices at
startup, but it turns out there is no way to use this facility from the
QEMU monitor, which breaks hotplug & unplug. So I need to back-out / disable
the code which enables use of '-netdev' again until QEMU fixes hotplug.