[libvirt] (how much) support for kqemu domain

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 15:21:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:11:48AM -0400, John Lumby wrote:

> I am wondering about the extent to which "old" qemu-0.11.1
> and kqemu-1.4.0 are supported by virt-manager.
>

> I see I can specify  --virt-type=kqemu on virt-install and
> it remembers domain type='kqemu',  and does things such as
> refusing to start  the vm if the kqemu kernel mod not loaded,
>  but it seems it does not tack on the
>      -enable-kqemu -kernel-kqemu
> options on to the qemu command line.     There is really not
> much point in trying to start a qemu-based vm with neither
> hardware kvm nor kqemu ...

It looks for presence of /dev/kqemu and a -no-kqemu arg in
QEMU's help. I had no idea that arg had been changed to
be -enable-kqemu.  Patches welcome to support that new
arg. See qemudBuildCommandLine() & qemudComputeCmdFlags()
methods in src/qemu/qemu_conf.c

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|