Re: [libvirt] A problem in live migration

On 07/21/10 - 11:59:49AM, florian chazal wrote:
> I know that, I had the same issue due to the fact  one of my host  had its
> name in front of the localhost address in my /etc/hosts (like : "127.0.0.1
> localhost linux72"  ) ... But it's maybe not the same problem

The particular problem of having both localhost and your "local" hostname
(like linux72) resolve to 127.0.0.1 should now work in libvirt 0.8.2 without
modification.  But the original reporter's problem is that after going through
the (rather delicate) algorithm to detect hostname, it still couldn't resolve
to anything other than localhost.  Either via /etc/hosts, or through DNS, the
hostname of the destination machine has to resolve to something besides
"localhost".

--
Chris Lalancette