[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

[libvirt] [PATCH 0/2] speed up qemu domain save by increasing dd blocksize



These two patches are posted together because applying the 2nd exposes
the bug fixed by the first.

Here are the results of tests I made with various block sizes before
deciding the 1MB really was the best balance (all tests were done on a
paused 512MB domain, saving to local disk on a Lenovo T61 laptop)

BS      M:SS   save image size
-----   ----   ---------------
2048K - 0:56   476135451
1024K - 0:56   475090953
 512k - 1:02   474564173
 256k - 1:10   474303797
 128k - 1:25   474176859
 512  - 3:47   474085423 - the original

I didn't bother testing sizes between 512 and 128k, as there was still
significant improvement from 128k to 256k.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]