[libvirt] Remote connection with libvirt

IKI-サガル バルウェ sagar.barve at ikic.co.jp
Mon Jun 7 00:59:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I know this question has been asked a few times before, but I am not able to
connect to my xen hypervisor using a remote uri.

Here is how I access it:
virsh -c xen://hostname/ list --all

Here is the error:

libvir: Remote error : server certificate failed validation: The certificate
is not trusted.
libvir: Remote error : unable to connect to 'domain0.localdomain': Invalid
argument

Here is the log output:

09:36:17.124: error : remoteCheckCertificate: the client certificate is not
trusted.
09:36:17.124: error : remoteCheckCertificate: failed to verify client's
certificate
09:36:17.124: error : gnutls_record_recv: A TLS packet with unexpected
length was received.

I was able to connect using xen+tcp as follows:

virsh -c xen+tcp://hostname/ list --all

which gives me the expected list of VMs.

I am using libvirt version: libvirtd (libvirt) 0.6.3

I created the tls certificates by foll the instrucstions given here:
http://libvirt.org/remote.html#Remote_certificates

I have a few questions regarding them:
1. While setting up CA, in the ca.info file, what do the options "ca" and
"cert_signing_key" mean?
2. While setting up server certificate, in the "server.info" file I added
"cn=domain0.localdomain". because output of
"virsh hostname" is "domain0.localdomain", I am correct in doing this?
3. In "libvirtd.conf" file, what does the option "listen_addr" exactly mean?

Thanks and Regards,
Sagar Barve