Re: [libvirt] Create a copy of a Domain

Am Donnerstag 10 Juni 2010 10:28:15 schrieb IKI-サガル バルウェ:
> 1. Get the XML Desc of the source Domain using "virDomainGetXMLDesc".
> 2. Get the Hypervisor Object for the source Domain using
> "virDomainGetConnect".
> 3. Create a new Domain using the "virDomainCreateXML" method.
> After doing this, I get the following error:
> libvirt.libvirtError: POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen
> daemon: (xend.err "Error creating domain: VM name already in use by domain
> 4")

I think you must at least change the UUID (/domain/uuid) and name
(/domain/name) in the XML description. Very like you also need to duplicate
the used disk images and update their paths
(/domain/devices/disk/source/@file) accordingly, unless you really want your
domians to share them.

Philipp Hahn
Philipp Hahn           Open Source Software Engineer      hahn univention de
Univention GmbH        Linux for Your Business        fon: +49 421 22 232- 0
Mary-Somerville-Str.1  28359 Bremen                   fax: +49 421 22 232-99

Besuchen Sie uns auf dem LinuxTag in Berlin vom 9. - 12. Juni
Stand 110 in Halle 7.2A