Re: [libvirt] Segfault in libvirtd when run as a service

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Matthias Bolte <matthias bolte googlemail com> wrote:
2010/6/10 Matthias Bolte <matthias bolte googlemail com>:
> 2010/6/10 Emre Erenoglu <erenoglu gmail com>:
>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Matthias Bolte
>>
>> OK. I guess it's used to find the dhcp daemon, iptables etc.  Other service
>> scripts seem to work happily without this PATH, but I'll ask developers to
>> add it to the python service environment to make sure it works fine.
>>
>> Thanks again Matthias, Daniel!  I'm a happy guy now :)
>>
>> Emre Erenoglu
>>

> Yes, libvirt tries to discover that binaries via the PATH.
>
> The utility function virFindFileInPath used the result of
> getenv("PATH") without checking it for NULL. I'll post a patch for
> that in a bit.
>
> Matthias

As an additional note: you'll need to have PATH set even when this bug
is fixed, because libvirtd discovers the QEMU binaries and the other
relevant binaries via the PATH. So you should define PATH for libvirtd
in a way that it can find those binaries.

OK, I'll make sure the PATH is there. I'm fixing the service script now.

--
Emre