[libvirt] Create a copy of a Domain

IKI-サガル バルウェ sagar.barve at ikic.co.jp
Mon Jun 14 08:00:12 UTC 2010

Thanks Daniel,

> virt-clone is written in python itself and most of its code is in a
> set of library modules, so you can call them directly if neccessary.
> Or just write the equivalent code yourself using libvirt python, since
> there isn't much too it
I will take a look into the virt-clone python code.

As for your previous suggestion:

I tried this, i.e. assigned a new uuid, name and also created a new disk
image file and assigned the new path to the XML description.
Then tried to create a new VM using the "virDomainCreateXML" method passing
the updated XML Desc.

But I get the following error:

error : POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon: (xend.err
"Error creating domain: Boot loader didn't return any data!")

I searched about this error, and could not find anything I could understand.
Please help me with this.

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Barve