[libvirt] Libvirt synchronous hooks

I am trying Libvirt synchronous hooks and I would like to ask a question. I would like to use the machine start (qemu+kvm) hook to set up the storage for the machine. I already mentioned my setup in this mailing list but for now it is only important that VM storage is a md raid constructed from iSCSI disks. The VM's config is using simple file device:
<disk type='file' device='disk'>
  <driver name='qemu' type=''/>
<source file='/dev/disk/by-id/md-uuid-e464a51e:f61e98b4:bfe78010:bc810f04'/>
   <target dev='vda' bus='virtio'/>
<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
 </disk>

Stopping the array from stop hook works perfectly however it seems that on the startup the storage is checked before the hook is executed. At least I do get errors that the storage file (/dev/disk/by-id/md-uuid-....) does not exist and my hook is not called.

I would say that I am hooking on wrong places that I should hook on storage startup/shutdown but as far as I know there are no hooks for storage drivers. Are there any plans in this area? Or is there any other way how to do it that I do not see?

Radek