[libvirt] Update on 0.7.7 release: starting feature freeze now

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 19:56:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:37:01AM +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   As you can have noticed we still have patches queued up and not yet
> pushed, plus added a new interface yesterday. I'm travelling all of this
> week, so my bandwidth is limited. Plus February is a short month and
> we skipped a bit for 0.7.6, so time to validate and push patches has
> been shorter than usual.
>   So I suggest to still push patches today and tomorrow for features,
> and start the freeze on thusday evening, and delaying the release to mid
> of next week.

  We're now nearly 'mid of next' week so we are late, but I think
we can start the feature freeze. Well identified bugs fixes should
still go in at this point.
  Let's see how this evolves, we should mostly focus on testing at this
point, maybe I'm optimistic but I hope to be able to push a release
on Friday or during the week-end, then we can reopen the git tree for
feature patches and general cleanups (we already have a few posted and
ACK'ed).

>   But still try to keep the expected cycle for 0.7.8 with a freeze on
> March 19 and a release on the 26 :-)

  3 weeks being clearly a bit short for a full cycle, I think that means
a one week shift for 0.7.8 (or 0.8.0 if we push a significant API like
snapshotting), so freezing for next release on Friday 26 with a possible
release on April 2,