Re: [libvirt] [Qemu-devel] Re: Supporting hypervisor specific APIs in libvirt

Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 03/23/2010 10:57 AM, Paul Brook wrote:
> >I thought the monitor protocol *was* our API. If not, why not?
>
> It is.  But our API is missing key components like guest enumeration.

Is that simply enumerating running qemu instances, and asking each one
about things like it's name, VNC port, etc.?

Having each qemu publish itself through D-Bus or Avahi (to find the
list of running instances), and every info query go through the
monitor, would seem a clean solution to that.

Are there any other missing key components?

-- Jamie