Re: [libvirt] [Qemu-devel] Re: Supporting hypervisor specific APIs in libvirt

On 03/24/2010 02:32 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
You don't get a directory filled with a zillion socket files pointing at dead guests. Agree that's a poor return on investment.

Deleting it on atexit combined with flushing the whole directory at startup is a pretty reasonable solution to this (which is ultimately how the entirety of /var/run behaves).

If you're really paranoid, you can fork() a helper with a shared pipe to implement unlink on close.

My paranoia comes nowhere near to my dislike of forked helpers.