Re: [libvirt] make syntax-check: [sc_vulnerable_makefile_CVE-2009-4029] Error 1

Kenneth Nagin wrote:
>>Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com> wrote on 30/04/2010 15:42:05:
>
>> From: Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com>
>> To: Kenneth Nagin/Haifa/IBM IBMIL
>> Cc: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange redhat com>, list libvirt
>> <libvir-list redhat com>, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
>> Date: 30/04/2010 15:42
>> Subject: Re: [libvirt] (Resend) Live Migration with non-shared storage
> for kvm
>>
>> Applying the patch (to last weeks checkout), there are some
> compilerwarnings:
>> make sure you configure with --enable-compiler-warnings=error. 'make
>> syntax-check' also fails, so please address these.
>
> But I get this error message when compiling with 'make syntax-check':
>
> 2.14 unmarked_diagnostics
> vulnerable_makefile_CVE-2009-4029
> ./Makefile.in:1283:	-find $(distdir) -type d ! -perm -777 -exec chmod a+rwx
> {} \; -o \
> maint.mk: the above files are vulnerable; beware of running
> "make dist*" rules, and upgrade to fixed automake
> see http://bugzilla.redhat.com/542609 for details
> make: *** [sc_vulnerable_makefile_CVE-2009-4029] Error 1
>
> This problem is unrelated to any changes that I made and appearantly the
> compile completes because make install works properly.
>
> Any suggestions on how to resolve this error message.

That means you are using a version of automake
that lacks the fix for the referenced bug.  Upgrading
to a patched version of automake, and regenerating all
Makefile.in files will fix it.

If you run any make rule that runs that find command,
you may expose yourself to a nasty exploit.