[libvirt] patch submission: git send-email, format-patch or git diff

>Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com> wrote on 30/04/2010 15:42:05:

> From: Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com>
> To: Kenneth Nagin/Haifa/IBM IBMIL
> Cc: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange redhat com>, list libvirt
> <libvir-list redhat com>, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
> Date: 30/04/2010 15:42
> Subject: Re: [libvirt] (Resend) Live Migration with non-shared storage
for kvm

> Finding a way to post the patch in-line will also probably get better
> attention: just pasting it into the mail client will probably mangle the
> patch, I'd recommend git send-email.
>

> - Cole

I'm new to git so I suspect that I don't understand the proper method for
patch submission.  But this is the problem that I see with your suggestion.
git send-email implies usage of git-format-patch.  But git-format-patch
creates a set of files one per commit.
However,  don't you want to submit the diff between the changed code and
the master, i.e. git diff master > patch?

regards,
Kenneth Nagin