[libvirt] Status and future releases suggestion

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu May 27 06:01:40 UTC 2010

  Hi everybody,

as you may have noticed I went silent some time ago, reason is that
I'm in vacation, far away from home, so not in an ideal setting to
follow and suggest a release.
I didn't see any significant feature being pushed in git since 0.8.1,
but I may have missed things so please correct me if you think I'm
wrong :-), the main thing seems to be Vepa support and not yet 100%
cooked up.
So I'm suggesting to skip this month release and plan for a 0.8.2
at the end of June, sonmething like entering feature freeze around
Friday 18th and releasing on the 25 or by June end. But this is just
a suggestion, I could try to push a release earlier, but we would need
to plan the feature freeze week and try to make sure Vepa is ready by
then,

  thanks !