[libvirt] libvirtd: how to react on qemu watchdog events

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Nov 2 10:37:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 04:27:36PM +0800, Hu Tao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently seeking a way to monitor qemu watchdog events and do
> somthing based on these events. Although there is a good example at
> libvirt-source/examples/domain-events/events-c/event-test.c to start
> with, and I did achieve my goal by little modification of the example,
> but it ran as a libvirt client. How can I make libvirtd monitor the
> events and react on them? Thanks a lot!

libvirtd isn't intended to provide policy of that kind. The idea is that
libvirt provides event APIs to let you write a client program to connect
to libvirt, listen for the event and then take whatever action you desire.

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|