[libvirt] New PHP bindings

Arnar Mar Sig antab at antab.is
Wed Nov 3 02:51:15 UTC 2010

On Nov 3, 2010, at 2:40 AM, jclift at redhat.com wrote:
> On 03/11/2010, at 11:22 AM, Arnar Mar Sig <antab at antab.is> wrote:
>> Snapshot of the current code can be found at:
>> http://libvirt-debian.vm.antab.is/files/php-libvirt.tar.bz2
>> Or using svn from:
>> http://svn.antab.is/php-libvirt/trunk
>
> Ouch, also noticed yours are named "php-libvirt" too, same as the one's we're already linking to.
>
> :(
>
> That's going to be a real pain for people using a search engine.  It's probably also going to make things uncomfortable for packagers (ie for Fedora and similar). They'll need to rename one of the packages to not have the same name as the other.
Yeah, on second though it might not have been the best thing, but it started out as a little test and never though much about the name.

> Looking at the site, seems like you've put a fair amount of time into this. :)
Took some time, but most of the text is copied from libvirt api docs, I will go over it soon, finialize it and add more examples.

> In the "Installation" section, one thing I'm wondering about is where it says:
>
>   "There is no installation needed to use these functions; they are part of the PHP core."
>
> That doesn't seem right does it?
Its the default from php docgen script,  haven't done the install/configure part yet, just the methods to get something to help people get started.
The build insturctions are in the README file at the moment.

Arnar Mar Sig