Re: [libvirt] virsh reboot not working with QEMU driver?

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Eric Blake <eblake redhat com> wrote:

> Which version of libvirt and qemu?  There has been some progress made on
> this front lately, and the most likely answer is that you are using
> older versions where it was not yet supported.  Also, it may depend on
> whether your guest OS is responsive to ACPI commands.

I'm particularly concerned with RHEL5, which uses an ancient version
of both (I know that libvirt is 0.6.3, not sure about QEMU off the top
of my head). But the same thing is happening on my Fedora 13 machine,
which is using:

# qemu-kvm --version
QEMU PC emulator version 0.12.3 (qemu-kvm-0.12.3), Copyright (c)
2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard
# rpm -q libvirt
libvirt-0.8.2-1.fc13.x86_64

The guests respond to ACPI, since 'virsh shutdown' works as intended in them.