[libvirt] dommemstat return nothing

Alex Jia ajia at redhat.com
Thu Nov 11 10:18:06 UTC 2010

arnaud.champion at devatom.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on dommemstat C# bindings, and I have a little
> problem, with virsh under fedora or under linux,  dommemstat return
> nothing. Is it normal ? A suggestion ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Arnaud Champion
Hi Arnaud,
I don't know what is your fedora and libvirt version.  As far as I know,
the dommemstat is not supported on
RHEL6.0(libvirt-0.8.1-27.el6.x86_64) and RHEL5.6(libvirt-0.8.2-6.el5),
for RHEL6.0, it will return nothing,
it is a normal behavior. for RHEL5.6 with xen hypervisor, it will raise
following error informations:
error: Failed to get memory statistics for domain vr-rhel5u4_x86_64
error: this function is not supported by the connection driver:
virDomainMemoryStats

Regards,
Alex