Re: [libvirt] Experimental 32-bit windows libvirt installer

On 15/11/2010, at 2:49 AM, <arnaud champion devatom fr> <arnaud champion devatom fr> wrote:
> ?Well, I understand :) For me, VS is my usual development tools so... :)

Yep, all good.

Just as a follow up for anyone interested, this installer is also known to function "ok" on WinXP SP3.

It installs and uninstalls ok, and the installed virsh.exe client program is able to connect to a remote QEMU instance (on Fedora) using qemu+tcp://.

For the creation of .msi package files, WiX seems to be the right tool these days (open source):

  http://wix.sourceforge.net

Actually kind of think I've heard of it before, as it got some press a few years back from being one of the very first Open Source projects by Microsoft itself.
(or something along those lines)

Still it looks like the best candidate.  We'll see how it goes.  Next weekend probably. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift