[libvirt] Per user preference file

Hi all,

Had a thought the other night, about a possible approach to having a "per user" libvirt preferences file.

How about, in the user's home directory, we have a single text file, say ".libvirt-prefs", structured something like this:

  default_uri = qemu+ssh://somehost/system
  default_socket = /path/to/somewhere-socket
  default_session_type = system
  tls_client_cert = /path/to/somewhere.cert
  tls_client_key = /path/to/somewhere.key

  tls_client_cert = /path/that/overrides/the/common/section/if/present/somefile.cert
  tls_client_key = /path/that/overrides/the/common/section/if/present/somefile.key

The suggestion being, that we have a [common] section with preferences that general libvirt client apps can use (ie virsh).  But also allowing other libvirt client apps (ie virt-viewer), to store overrides to that.

Just thinking it would be useful to have these things in one place, so sensible defaults can be set once (ie for TLS certs), and things will then "automagically" use them.

+ Justin