[libvirt] Interesting "Mobile apps" food for thought

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Thu Nov 18 06:20:50 UTC 2010

Just came across this.  There's a Linux distribution based off of
Centos, called ClearOS, that's targeted at a router/gateway/vpn/etc.

They've designed their own API for managing things (nice looking
site), and people are creating nifty looking visual mobile apps for it.

  http://www.clearfoundation.com/docs/developer/api/start

Here's screenshot of an Android app, monitoring bandwidth on a
remote host (worth looking at):

  http://www.clearfoundation.com/docs/_detail/developer/api/android_monitor02.png?id=developer%3Aapi%3Astart

This is the kind of thing I can see people making virt apps for, as
we get our doc coverage done properly, mobile friendly API's
well documented, and our Community really built. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift