Re: [libvirt] Valid characters in domain names?

<snip>
Indeed.  I'm sure we need a whitelist, not a blacklist as suggested by
the other comment.  All domains I'd ever want to create would match
the regexp

^[[:alpha:]][-_[:alnum:]]*$

This might break existing users however.

Wonder if there are characters supported by some hypervisors, but not
others?

  ie maybe Xen supports '/', '*', '+' in guest names, but ESX doesn't

That could lead to some interesting guest import problems. :(