Re: [libvirt] Valid characters in domain names?

On 10/04/2010 05:38 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
<snip>
   Actually I think that for ESX since all exchanges with the hypervisor
are XML based there isn't that ambiguity about encoding at least.

Yeah.  vSphere has a fairly international market, so expecting they'd
have a way of doing things by now to make sure this isn't a problem.

   goes beyond that, someone using any non-ascii name will hit hypervisor
specific behaviour, ISO-Latin, asian language ... and we habe no control
over this except for some checking and the possibility of a warning.

Wonder what the best approach will be.  Maybe a whitelist on "known
good" characters, and a conversion table for situations where we need
to proceed anyway?  (if that happens)