Re: [libvirt] cpulimit and kvm process

is there any way how to set some initial nice? In XML maybe...?

Thank you.

Dne 1.10.2010 14:15, Richard W.M. Jones napsal(a):
On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 10:03:28AM +0300, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I would like to launch several KVM guests on a multicore CPU.
The number of the KVM process is over the number of physical cores.

I would like to limit each KVM process to say... 10% of CPU

I first use "cpulimit "

Would you know some better way to limit them? it's in order to avoid 4
VM to hog all the 4 hardware cores.
KVM processes are just like Linux processes, so you can pin them and
renice them.

There is support for pinning virtual CPUs to physical CPUs in libvirt,

   virsh vcpupin GuestName 0 0

but you can also use Linux tools.  "tuna" is one such program which I
think is in Fedora, or upstream here:

Another tool is "renice".