[libvirt] bug: network lock-out

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Wed Oct 6 15:23:59 UTC 2010

  On 10/05/2010 03:53 PM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
> I've removed dnsmasq because it was giving away IP addresses, although
> DHCP has not been defined in XML. I've mentioned this some time ago in
> an e-mail with poetic subj: "dnsmasq, dhcp - bug or feature" :)

I tried changing my default network to remove the <dhcp> section,
restarted the network, and rebooted a guest to try and acquire an
address from DHCP - it failed. Can you do "ps -AlF | grep dnsmasq" at a
time when you see this behavior, and send that. Perhaps there was
another dnsmasq hanging around listening on that interface? (I think
it's possible that dnsmasq sometimes isn't terminated if libvirtd crashes)