[libvirt] Ephemeral VM operation

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 06:49:05PM -0400, Dave Allan wrote:

A number of hypervisors have a mode in which changes made to storage
are not persisted across a reboot of the VM.  qemu uses the -snapshot
flag; VMware refers to this functionality as non-persistent disk[1].  Is
this functionality something that is interesting to libvirt?

 yes I think this is an important use case, it allows for example a
rather trivial and safe implementation of things like open kiosk
you may find in public places (or implement a scratch environment
allowing the kids to play without much risk for a more personal/private
use :-) !)

but is this the 'right' place to be doing this? It adds complexity

Wouldn't it be simpler simply to make a working copy of a gold image in known state and start the copy? -- We follow that approach here

-- Russ herrold