[libvirt] Improving our ChangeLog format?

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Thu Oct 14 13:35:51 UTC 2010

On 10/15/2010 12:22 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
<snip>
>> Seems like we'd really need to "see it" before deciding. :)
>
> http://libvirt.org/news.test.html
>
> to get an idea, I didn't tried to clean everything up though

Cool.  That's going in the right direction.

Can we add in a unique sort (sort -u), so it groups them by
topic?  ie:

   bridge: Fix static-only DHCP configuration (Jiri Denemark),
   build: Fix permissions of sysconfig files (Jiri Denemark),
   esx: Fix esxVI_BuildSelectSet's invalid argument check (Matthias Bolte),
   qemu: qemuMonitorJSONEjectMedia(): Fix arguments' type (Luiz Capitulino),
   qemu: qemuMonitorJSONMigrate(): Fix arguments' type (Luiz Capitulino),
   qemu: Check for errors when converting PCI address to string (Jiri
Denemark),
   qemu: Fix JSON migrate_set_downtime command (Jiri Denemark),
   phyp: Bad comparison when checking for existing domain name (Eduardo
Otubo),
   spec: Fix undefined with_libnl (Jiri Denemark),
   test: Don't overwrite storage volume target path and key (Matthias
Bolte),
   virsh: remove driver check from attach-disk command (Ryan Harper),

Preferably then turning the first word subject starter (bridge, build,
esx, qemu, etc) into a heading.  Something with visual separation like:

[...]

The above is obviously a text representation. For HTML, maybe use
<h4>HEADING</h4> tags or something?