[libvirt] Need review of new vswitch concept info for technical accuracy

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 14:56:50 UTC 2010

On 10/18/2010 04:34 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 10/16/2010 03:01 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Working on the "Foundation Concepts" for virtual switches at the moment.
>>
>> Does anyone have time/inclination to check over the concept graphics
>> thus far, for technical accuracy?
>
> I think it would more clearly convey what was going on if there was a
> 3rd "cable" coming out of the switch in all the diagrams that went back
> to the host,

It *would* be more technically accurate, but I'm kind of feeling that
for concept diagrams it could be too much detail.

 > and was labeled with the bridge's name and IP address
> (192.168.122.1 by default).

Still, I'll adding it in tomorrow, and we can compare before vs after,
and see what we think.  It might turn out ok.

> I might have some other tweaks for the diagrams, but I'm it's difficult
> to articulate in words, and I'm not sure yet if it would be better than
> what you have anyway ;-)

Heh, no worries.  If you can put them in words or explain to me
somehow/anyhow, even if verbosely or on IRC, then we can look to work
them in.

>> Especially the "Routing mode" and "Non-routing" mode ones, as I'm not
>> sure if that's the right terminology for them:
>
> I would use what's used in the XML documentation - "routed" and "isolated".

Done, updated the graphics and text with that a few hours ago. (but
forgot to send this email)

;)