Re: [libvirt] libvirt library binary name for linux

On 10/19/2010 10:16 PM, arnaud champion devatom fr wrote:
?Okay, I have found it, it's libvirt.so.0

I have also a libvirt.so.0.8.2, I suppose libvirt.so.0 is a link
this.

Another question, in my bindings I need the strdup function
(pinvoked) and under windows, strdup is in msvcrt.dll, but where it
is under linux ?

Hi Arnaud,

On a Fedora 13 Linux box, if I type the command "man strdup", it
shows:

  NAME
         strdup, strndup, strdupa, strndupa - duplicate a string

  SYNOPSIS
         #include <string.h>

         char *strdup(const char *s);

         char *strndup(const char *s, size_t n);
         char *strdupa(const char *s);
         char *strndupa(const char *s, size_t n);

  <other stuff snipped>

The string.h refers to /usr/include/string.h.

I'm not sure which library file the code is in though.  For most
things it's not needed.

Does any of the above help? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift